- Having your jacket on indoors.
- Trying to pay with notes too big.
- Forgetting your chocolate on the kiosk counter. Boy was she angry!
- Not understanding Russian well enough.
- Standing on someone's way on a really crowded bus.
- Knocking on a door and waiting for a response instead of just going in (this has happened in lots of different places).
- And many more to come!
Here people have more room for all kinds of emotion in their daily interaction. Workers at the homeless shelter get angry at one another all the time. Usually it lasts for about thirty seconds and then they've already moved on to the next topic. This is such an opposite to the Finnish/Scandinavian way, where negative things are usually left unsaid. I tend to over-think what other people think of me, and I get upset quite easily if someone's not happy with something I'm doing. All of that has to change now, since I get yelled at almost on a daily basis here. I have to learn how to ignore those comments, and have sort of learned a little already. It helps that often I don't fully understand what they're saying. I think it's a good lesson to learn: I can't please everyone and it's not even worth it trying. I can't let random strangers ruin my day with their comments. At home, I could easily be worrying for a whole day how someone somewhere got angry or frustrated with me. And what for, what does the opinion of those people matter? It's time to toughen up a bit!
Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti